After the success of our “Environmental awareness and compliance” training in Phnom Penh on October 1st we organize another training in partnership with the BGMEA (Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association) on November 8th from 9am to 5pm in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The first objective is to provide the participants a good understanding of the common buyer’s requirements in terms of environmental compliance.
The second objective of the training is to raise awareness about the main environmental risks related to the textile industry and focus on the benefits for the factory to address environmental issues.
The training will be conducted by our Environmental Audit Manager, Francesca Giometti and has been developed for the middle management of garment units with wet process (Compliance Manager, HR, Admin & Compliance Manager, Chemical Manager, Maintenance Manager...). General Manager for dyeing or other process coordinators are also invited to participate as they will disseminate the basic concepts and benefits across the factory staff.
LANGUAGES : English & Bengali
TRAINING FEE : $50,00 (3,920 BDT) / $40,00 for BGMEA members (3,130 BDT)
VENUE : 23/1 Panthapath Link Road, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215
The training will focus on the following topics which are all important to achieve a good level in an environmental audit:
- Legal compliance
- Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Water and Energy consumption
- Chemicals management
- Wastewater treatment
- Solid and hazardous waste management
- Air pollution
For each topic, we will explain what are the basic requirements (according to AQM environmental audit methodology*) and how to achieve them. We will illustrate each topic with real case studies and provide useful “tips” as much as possible. Finally, we will give to the participants a guideline that will help them for the implementation of the environmental requirements after the training. During the course, we will refer to this document so the participants will be familiar with this tool.
Benefits for the participants:
- The middle management will be able to implement the change on its own
- The participants will be able to take the responsibility to train the floor workers because they will know which actions, good practices and knowledge are needed to make the factory compliant with the environmental requirements
- The participants will understand well the requirements related to their activities/job
Who are the trainers?
The main trainer is F. Giometti, AQM Environmental Audit Manager, with experience as a trainer (BSCI trainings in Dhaka) and participation to three “environmental awareness training” in Dhaka including an awareness program on the ISO 14001:2015 version. A native local language speaker will assist the main trainer for translation in Bengali.
The training content was built according to:
- The GSCP Environmental Implementation Guidelines
- IFC Environmental and Social Management System, Implementation Handbook – Textiles & Apparel
- IFC Environmental and Social Management System, Toolkit and Case Studies – Textiles & Apparel
- ISO 14001: 2015
Location of the training: 23/1 Panthapath Link Road, Karwan Bazar, Dhaka-1215