“Environmental awareness and compliance” training is coming back! We organize another training in partnership with the IUBAT - International University of Business Agriculture and Technology on May 13th from 9am to 5pm in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Our main mission is to offer you a worthwhile knowledge of the common buyer’s requirements in terms of environmental compliance.
The training will provide an understanding of the main environmental risks related to the textile industry and focus on the benefits for the factory to address environmental issues.
LANGUAGES: English & Bengali
TRAINING FEE: 4,400 BDT
VENUE: 4 Embankment Drive Road, Sector-10 (Off Dhaka-Ashulia Road) Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230
The training will focus on the following topics which are the basic requirements to achieve a good level in an environmental audit
- Legal compliance and Environmental Management System (EMS)
- Water and Energy consumption
- Chemicals management
- Wastewater treatment
- Solid and hazardous waste management
- Emissions to air
You will be able to participate in 2 workshops: chemical management and waste-water management.
For each topic, we will explain what are the basic requirements (according to AQM environmental audit methodology) and how to achieve them. We will illustrate each topic with real case studies and provide useful “tips” as much as possible. Finally, we will give to the participants a guideline that will help them for the implementation of the environmental requirements after the training. During the course, we will refer to this document so the participants will be familiar with this tool.
- The middle management will be able to implement the change on its own
- The participants will be able to take the responsibility to train the floor workers because they will know which actions, good practices and knowledge are needed to make the factory compliant with the environmental requirements
- The participants will understand well the requirements related to their activities/job
- They will receive a guideline that will help them for the implementation of the environmental requirements.
- A certificate of attendance will be provided
The training will be conducted by our Environmental Audit Manager F. Giometti, AQM environmental Audit Manager, with experience as a trainer (BSCI trainings in Dhaka) and participation to three “environmental awareness training” in Dhaka including an awareness program on the ISO 14001:2015 version. A native local language speaker will assist the main trainer for translation in Bengali.
As well as two guest speakers’ expertise in the environmental area Abdul Goni, Assistant Secretary (Chemist) at Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers & Exporters Association (BKMEA) and M.A. Hashnat Badsha, Senior Lecturer, Deparmet of Civil Engineering, IUBAT
The training content was built according to:
- The GSCP Environmental Implementation Guidelines
- IFC Environmental and Social Management System, Implementation Handbook – Textiles & Apparel
- IFC Environmental and Social Management System, Toolkit and Case Studies – Textiles & Apparel
- ISO 14001: 2015