Wednesday, July 6 at 9:00 AM, the seminar/workshop environment and garment production will be held by AQM Quality Control, at TMO in Doorn. In a little more than a morning specialists will share their experience and knowledge in the field of ‘environmental auditing’, the international initiatives on the field of environment and (environmentally friendly) textile.
Come together with colleagues and join the workshop ‘environmental auditing’, interesting! You’ll get insight in auditing and learn to do important elements yourself.
Furthermore, inspirational speakers will share their vision on sustainability and how they effectively put into practice.
THE PRODUCTION SIDE (ENGLISH)
- Overview of important initiatives and authorities that deal with environmental issues.
- Workshop ‘learn to perform an environmental audit at the producer’
THE PRODUCT SIDE (Dutch)
- Environmentally friendly (raw) materials: alternative materials, different ways of assessing the environmental impact, recycling.
- What is possible to achieve with organic cotton and what does the label say (GOTS - BCI - OE)
- The challenges and practical opportunities of recycling blends.
8.45 – 9.00 reception, coffee/tea
9.00 – 10.00 Francesca Giometti - ENGLISH
10.00 – 11.30 workshop by Francesca Giometti - ENGLISH
11.30 – 11.45 coffee/tea
11.45 – 12.15 Chris Koeleman
12.15 – 12.45 Hein Voss
12.45 – 13.15 lunch
13.15 ~ 14.15 Anita de Wit
Francesca, environmental audit manager at AQM Quality Control, located in Bangladesh, having close relationships with factories, partners, NGO's, brands and international retailers. Francesca wants to participate with the implementation of a more sustainable supply chain and to make you participate... Francesca Giometti, AQM Quality Control
Hein, founder of H3P Motives that offers GOTS certified cotton products, also under its own brand RE- 5. He does this for about 6 years and has previously worked as a buyer for major retailers. He is very committed to the environment and people throughout the supply chain and shares his practical expertise in this area, also he is open to discussion. Hein Voss, H3P Motives
Anita, initiator of ReBLend, that will soon launch its first fashion collection together with BYBROWN: 100% recycled, 70% from blends. With a business-economic background and an extensive experience in initiating and supporting changes, she likes to give an opposing sound, to initiate new concepts and frameworks, as a starting point for fashion without negative impact! Anita de Wit, ReBLend
Chris, engineer educated at the Mr. Koetsier and specialized in textile and quality, account manager for AQM Quality Control in the Netherlands and teacher at AMFI and TMO; shares theory and experience in the field of textiles and fibres. Chris Koeleman, AQM Quality Control
Comments from last paticipants:
- Thank you for the informative and inspiring day at TMO last week!
- The different interactions between the speakers and the company’s and the developments in the textile industry was very interesting.
- I'd like to thank you again for the informative and interesting day! Come and join us! We will provide with the best experience.
Please include: name, telephone number, company and function.